If you are responsible for a criminal offence, you will have to bear the consequences. Driving under the influence of alcohol is a serious crime in most states of the US. In states like Arizona, even first time offenders have to face serious consequences. Needless to mention, you must find an experienced Phoenix DUI lawyer for your case. We have a few tips below for your help!
- Ask around. References are still the best way to find lawyers in your city. You can seek help from your friends, colleagues and other people around. Alternatively, you can also check online to find law firms that have been rated well by others.
- Talk first. Most law firms will hear your case before deciding the further course of action. The first consultation is usually free, and it’s important that you discuss all the aspects of your case, so that the lawyer can offer his inputs.
- Ask questions. How many cases have you handle so far? Do you just deal in DUI or have experience in other personal injury cases? Before taking a call, it’s best to know the experience and expertise of the concerned lawyer.
- Know the options. Sometimes, the lawyer might suggest other options instead of going for a trial. When you are looking for a Phoenix personal injury attorney, you should find someone who is open about different options, depending on the nature of the case.
- The last thing that matters is the finances and costs. Legal services aren’t cheap, and hence, you need to find a lawyer who is affordable and available at the same time. Know the costs, so that you can arrange the finances.
If you are going to a law firm, talk to the team to know which attorney will be fighting your case.